What to Expect
Selling your house in a timely manner is vital to being able to move on and buy your next home. It is important to know what is to be expected from the home selling process and what to look for.
What to Expect
- Paperwork, contracts, etc.
- Open Houses
Keep In Mind
- Keep the House up to Code
- Limiting Personal Touches
- Keeping the House Clean
- Take Good Photos of the House
- Buyers Interest
- Listing Agent
- Curb Appeal
- Value of Home
Steps to Take
- Find a Listing Agent – Finding a listing agent will help you navigate through the process. They will be able to share their knowledge and ensure you are showcasing your home properly. They will also help you sell your house in a timely manner and for the right price.
- Determine Repairs/Improvements – Figure out what repairs and improvements you want to and should make. This will help increase the value of your home and will ensure that your home is up to code. Fixing a leaky pipe or adding a fresh coat of paint can and will make all the difference when it comes to selling.
- Get Inspected/Appraised – Getting inspected will allow you to know for sure that you didn’t miss anything and that your house is in good shape. Getting appraised will show you how much your house is worth and will help you set a price that isn’t too high or too low.
- Staging/Open Houses – Now begin staging your house for open houses. This will include all the small things like tidying up and making sure things look in order. It’s important to make the buyer be able to picture themselves in the house so try limiting the amount of personal touches. You could also consider hiring someone to stage your home for you.
- Find a Buyer and Close – Open houses will allow you to find a potential buyer. From the potential buyers select the bid you like best and agree to it. This starts the closing process and then all that is left to do is fill out the paperwork, contracts, and wait for check to go through. After everything is in order you will move out and the new family will move in.